Team: Software Development
The Development team needs to fix a bug. Bug checklists help ensure that a consistent approach is taken to testing both the initial bug, the fix, and Q&A. This helps improve the overall quality of a development project.
Typical Request Life Cycle:
- A user completes the Bug Report form to create the issue.
- The Bug Report form and an initial Bug Checklist form are added to the issue on creation.
- An initial investigation helps the team triage whether the bug can be reproduced, and whether the issue is actually ready for the team to develop a fix for the bug.
- They submit the Bug Checklist and when the time comes for development the status is changed to IN PROGRESS and another Bug Checklist form is automatically added ready for the Development team to fill out.
- The Dev team finish their work, but must submit their Checklist in order to change the status to IN REVIEW. This way the team has to sign off that they have actually fixed the bug.
- When the issue reaches IN REVIEW a third copy of the checklist is attached for Q&A to complete. If any further problems are found the issue reverts to a previous status and additional checklists are added.
- If no further problem is found, the final Bug Checklist is submitted, and the status is changed to DONE. Workflow validation rules can also be added so that if any form is not submitted, the request cannot be resolved.
- Issue forms
Forms can be used to create issues within Jira, without having to rely on the standard Jira create screen(s).
- Form automation
Build automation rules to add forms, or change the status of an issue when a form is submitted.
- Bug Report
- Bug Checklist
- Jira Service Desk (using JSD Portal)
- Jira Core
- Jira Software
- Set up ProForma automation on the Bug Checklist to automatically add to the request upon TO DO transition. This may occur several times if testing finds further issues.
- Upon transition to IN REVIEW, automatically add Bug Checklist for the QA team to undertake further testing.
- Upon satisfactory review by Q&A, upon submission of the Bug Checklist transition to DONE. This cannot be done unless all forms are completed and submitted.