An employee reports a broken piece of equipment to the facilities team. A member of the facilities team inspects the equipment and recommends it for repair, retirement and/or replacement.
Typical Request Life Cycle:
- The employee reports the broken equipment through the Maintenance Request request type on the Operations portal of the Jira help center.
- Upon submission, the issue changes to WAITING FOR SUPPORT and the Inspection Assessment form is automatically added to the issue.
- A member of the Operations team inspects the equipment and logs their findings on the Inspection Assessment form.
- After the Inspection Assessment form has been submitted, the facilities agent sets the form to External allowing the customer who reported the problem to see the results of the inspection.
- The equipment is repaired, retired or replaced as recommended.
- A workflow validator prevents the issue from changing to the Resolved status unless the Inspection Assessment form is completed and submitted.
- Forms can be set to lock on submission so that the results of the Inspection Assessment cannot be altered.
- Maintenance Request Form
- Inspection Assessment
- Jira Service Desk
- Set up ProForma automation to automatically add the Inspection Assessment when the issue changes to the WAITING FOR SUPPORT status.
- Set up a workflow validator that prevents the issue from being changed to the CLOSED status until the Inspection Assessment form has been submitted.
1 ProForma makes it easy to bring a variety of processes into Jira, without requiring custom fields or complex configurations. This video demonstrates reporting faulty equipment.
An employee selects Maintenance Request from the Operations Service Desk.
2 The employee completes the form and clicks Send.
3 When the request is submitted, an Inspection Assessment form is automatically added to the issue.
4 The Facilities agent clicks Edit to open the Inspection form...
5 and fills out the form with the results of the assessment.
6 After submitting the Inspection Assessment form, the agent toggles the form from Internal...
7 to External so that it can be seen from the customer portal.
8 The employee who reported the issue sees the completed Inspection form on the portal...
9 and knows that a new microwave has been ordered.
If you would like more information, visit us at www.thinktilt.com or look for ProForma in the Atlassian Marketplace.