Lost in an InboxWe’ve all been there - combing through an inbox searching for an email that we urgently need to follow-up on, or wanting to find one we’ve written so that we can use the same language with one client that we used with another.
There are tricks, of course. We flag certain messages. We mark them as “unread”. We sort them into specific folders. Soon however, we note with dismay that we have literally hundreds of flagged or “unread” emails.
Email has become a victim of its own success. Convenient, cheap and immediate, it once seemed like the ultimate solution to business communication. But too much of a good thing can be paralyzing. According to the Radicati Group, the average business user sent or received 122 emails per day in 2015. Trying to keep up with email feels like a running in a hamster in a wheel.
Limitations of Email
However, the risk of getting lost in an inbox is not the only limitation of managing business tasks via email. Consider:
- Handling a task by email does not preserve the work that’s been done for easy retrieval and reuse.
- Email does not provide an easy mechanism for measuring how often a task is performed or how much time is needed to perform it.
- There is no way to monitor the status of multi-step, multi-person processes.
- Processes that are carried out by a singular person via email may not be documented. When that person is absent from the organization or leaves completely, their knowledge leaves with them.
Advantages of Online Forms & Processes
JIRA is a proven service management tool, allowing teams to manage and respond to requests in queue. Now, ThinkTilt has created the ProForma add-on to extend that functionality to all of your business teams. ProForma’s process templates allow you to:
- Streamline business tasks by using a service management system for efficient workflow.
- Improve on existing processes by empowering your business teams to customize our templates.
- Know how often a process is carried out and how long it takes to execute that process.
- Check the real-time status of work in progress. Know what steps have been completed, by whom and what steps remain to be done.
- Document your business processes so that your institutional knowledge is preserved even as employees change.
Take pressure off of yourself and your inbox by trying the ProForma add-on. Our library of templates covers multiple business processes for teams such as HR, IT, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Procurement and Risk. We're so sure that ProForma can transform how your business teams function that we're extending a special offer: send a description of one of your business processes and its associated forms (PDF or Word) to email@example.com and we'll convert it into ProForma template, free of charge and with no obligation.