We left the Atlassian Summit in San Jose a year ago feeling excited about a new partnership. We’d teamed up with Rachel Wright, author of the Jira Strategy Admin Workbook. It seemed clear that Rachel’s Jira admin expertise and ProForma’s ability to allow teams to collect exactly the fields they need on Jira issues could be a potent combination. We both wanted to help more teams take advantage of Jira’s functionality without complicating life for Jira administrators. Today we are pleased to present the fruits of that partnership - the Effective Jira Administration eBook.
Find Us at Atlassian Summit
You’ll find us, and our book at booth B17 (near the AWS / Slack lounges). We’ll also be showing off some new functionality that can transform how teams use Jira Service Desk and doing a demo of our upcoming Confluence macro. And if you happen to stop by at the right time (3:00 PM on Tuesday), you’ll have a chance to chat with author and Jira superuser – Rachel Wright.
Effective Jira Administration eBook
We compiled the series of articles that we wrote in collaboration with Rachel into an eBook that we’ll be offering at Summit in Barcelona. The book offers best practices for things like Jira governance, Jira support, workflows and custom fields. Chapters include:
- Who’s in charge? Jira Governance for Business Teams
- Who Does What in Jira? System, Application & Project Admins
- Creating & Managing a Jira Support Project
- Four Jira Workflows for Business Teams
- Best Practices for Creating a Custom Workflow
- Jira Custom Fields and Their Alternatives
- 4 Ways Adding Forms to Issues Amps Up the Power of Jira
- Keeping Track of it All: Jira for Asset Management
- Managing a Jira Upgrade
- Vetting Jira Apps and Plugins
If you prefer an actual paper copy of the book, we’ve created some abridged versions that we’ll be distributing at Summit. Hard copies are limited (books add a lot of weight to a suitcase), so come see us early!).
See you there!